Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dress Modestly as A Woman

I remember when I didn't really knew God. I dress myself like almost naked. Because I think, it is fashionable and that I guess I would look so good.
Well I really seem to find that I only attract eyes to see me. It's more attentive for men to look at.
And I wasn't thinking that through my dress code, I would trigger men to sin against God. I wasn't thinking that it is serious.
Until I read the bible and seen that, yeah.. I degraded myself infront of God because I was made in his image but I exploited myself through showing my cleavage, and my legs that my holy place is already seen.
I am hurt when people say that I look like a whore. Even though it wasn't true, I assume that the way I dress really proves that I am whore.
It was written in proverbs 6 and 7 that a harlot or whore is described as seductive and flattering in all her ways. She likes attention and she is rebellious. Her attire or her ways of clothing is very seductive and her heart is just thinking of lust (sex, fantasy of men, body fixed,) she is good in enticing words, she admire wealth and money and she don't want to know God. She's not listening to advice and instructions because in her mind she is right and her ways are perversity.

So I learned to dress modestly. Then I looked at myself in the mirror and stopped. Yeah, I would admit myself, I was in her ways. How then we would ask for respect when we don't know how to give respect to ourselves. I became afraid to die in shame because of my crafty heart. So I pleaded God that I am guilty of my sins and I asked Him to purify my being with the blood of Jesus.
I looked at myself once again and I remember the ways of a virtuous wife. Yeah, she has strength and honor as her clothing. She has wisdom in her lips, she does not speak nonsense and does not waste her time in idleness. She does not spend her time to people given into worldly things. She is a good and honest woman. She have fear of the Lord and provides for her household.

That Virtuos woman is what I want to be.
That is why I practice also dress modestly. Being careful that I am not showing my cleavage or parts of my body because it is written that it's the temple of God and I don't want to ruin this temple..

1 Timothy 2:9
9 I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

Two young ladies arrived a Meeting wearing clothes that were quite revealing their body
parts. Here is what the Chairman told them:He took a good look at them and made them sit.Then he said something that, they might never forget in their life. He looked at them straight in the eyes and said; "ladies, everything that God made valuable in this world is well covered and hardly to see, find or get.

1. Where do you find diamonds? Deep down in the ground, covered and protected.

2. Where do you find pearls? Deep down at the bottom of the ocean, covered up and protected in a beautiful shell.

3. Where do you find gold? Way down in the mine, covered over with layers of rock and to get them, you have to work hard & dig deep down to get them.

He looked at them with serious eyes and said;
"Your body is sacred & unique" You are far more precious than gold, diamonds and pearls, and you should be covered too."So he added that, if you keep your treasured mineral just like gold, diamond and pearls, deeply covered up, a reputable mining organization with the requisite machinery will fly down and conduct years of extensive exploration.

First, they will contact your government (family), sign professional contracts (wedding) and mine you professionally( legal marriage).But if you leave
your precious minerals uncovered on the surface of the earth, you always attract a lot of illegal miners to come and mine you illegally.Everybody will just pick up their crude instruments and just have a dig on you just freely like that. Keep your
bodies deeply covered so that it invite professional miners to chase you.

Let us all encourage our wives, friends and daughters to dress well and decent!
Post from: Akalonu Chijioke

No comments:

Post a Comment