Sunday, February 1, 2015

My New Life with Jesus..Returning to Faith

Stress, worries, fear, my childhood, my failed relationships, my brokenheart, my past lifestyle,
my attitude = are my enemies!!!




Lately, I am reflecting.. my life then and my life now..
the differences of my life living with the world and now, I am born again, a new person living in a Christian life.
God is so amazing by all the things He created upon the earth. Every trees and flowers are designed individually. You will really know the differences between sorts of trees by its kind and same with the flowers by its kind.

And I am more amazed by how we are created. God had said that we are created in His image. Gods image is very very beautiful. He have eyes, face, hands, feet.. well so the monkey..but never will i compare myself to animal creature because GOD SAID '' I will create man in my image''
God's character is seen in the parable of the PRODIGAL SON.. I was thinking that, God's character is also hidden there. and through the passages, I could reflect from the character of my biological father and from the character of the Father in Heaven - God... Its so beautiful...I find it very wonderful and loving...
Here's a look at the chapter of Luke.

Luke 15:11-32 
American Standard Version (ASV)
11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12 and the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of thy substance that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together and took his journey into a far country; and there he wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that country; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to one of the citizens of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17 But when he came to himself he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish here with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight:
19 I am no more worthy to be called your son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But while he was yet afar off, his father saw him, and was moved with compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight: I am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth quickly the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 and bring the fatted calf, and kill it, and let us eat, and make merry:
24 for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing.
26 And he called to him one of the servants, and inquired what these things might be.
27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
28 But he was angry, and would not go in: and his father came out, and entreated him.
29 But he answered and said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, and I never transgressed a commandment of thine; and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
30 but when this thy son came, who hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou killedst for him the fatted calf.
31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that is mine is thine.
32 But it was meet to make merry and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

I believe that we all understand it easily. When I was a teenager, my father use to scold me and speak to me whats the right thing to do and often I end up doing things that would violate his will. And often, I never think that it would hurt him. I never think that I disgrace him and same time I also have broken the law of God, the commanments in Exodus 20 ''Honor thy Father and thy Mother.. I am guilty of that crime, though I deserve punsihment, the God in heaven is merciful giving me the chance to live and change my ways. But still I go on giving disgrace to my Parents...you know--? If I would stand in the human law, I suppose that my crime would be like 100 times of crimes for one part only...and another 100 times for using God's name in vain like cursing and as well as hating others..I would be guilty of being a murderer because I am hating people in my heart, I would be guilty of being a liar because I lied and even had an excuse of a white lie which in God still considers as a lie.And remember that God's punishment for all of these is....DEATH...
Well, I would be dead right now if God had not given his mercy upon me..He would just cut me off..

But I am a prodigal child whom asked for things I wanted, and it was given to me though I know that the warnings are ahead because God knows I can be lost. And yes, I was warned by God through the guidance of my biological father, yet I am so hard headed that I still did what I wanted. Until I went off the world and lived like the world. I drank, I sat with all the powerful men in my City, I craved for power myself, I lust with men, I sat among whoredom and God knows... I am way too far from Him and yet, He is Holy..He cannot touch me anymore because my soul is afflicted and my soul is poor.. God sees me yet He cannot touch me because my dirt has covered me and I was not willing to get out of it...not willingly..

Until that day was over, and all have left me. And all have devoured me constantly. I am alone..
Then...I remember God.. Because I experienced famine and loneliness and distress in mind. I returned to God.. My biological father forgave me though I did not confess to him what I have done, it was easy for Him to forgive.. Then I was convicted to get back on my knees to come to the Lord.. Then I wept.. MY tears were like rivers. and My heart would've seemed to explode of all the flashes of my wickedness.. Of the flashes, I see those people I broke, and those people I hurt, those people I disgraced since childhood. I was a God's child at birth and then I was lost..

And at my return to God, I have found grace and my life became lighter. MY smile became more easier and my troubles in heart had fled away. I hear people speaks of my past, my sins but I feel no pain anymore. In my return to God, I have learned to ask forgiveness and have learned to forgive others to not withhold any madness against any. I have learned to be not selfish and I have learned to know more love. My relationships were failure, yet God had given me the best relationship with Him..And thats the best love I have ever had. God celebrates in all of His children who returns to Him and know Him and desires for loving Him.. ANd God pours out all His blessings to us, His love and mercy is greater than all that we can have on this earth..
Matthew 16:26
New Living TranslationAnd what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?
Indeed, my soul is far more important for God, Because I know that wether I go to be a religious person or I go being a member of a religion..God does not ask our belongings to someone on earth..
But..He would ask.. Did you do my commandments? did you live them..? and we would be standing there..accountable for every thing we have said when we were on earth. And God will send His Angels to get our Book where it would be read for us to know we did not do things that pleases Him. And we will be cast away to the Fire and Brimstone.
Always remember, God is a living God. And God is merciful and loving. He hears our prayers, and he listens to our hearts. He knows our thoughts, He knows our plans, He knows all about us.. Because the rain and the sun is made for all His creation wether good or bad. And all the things we said and done, are recorded in our book. And if our name is not written in the Book Of Life, Then we dont have a place in His Kingdom. For all what we have said and done, will be given accountable in the judgement days.

Notes:

Character of God in the Parable:
1.Loving
2.Generous
3.Thoughtful
4.Merciful
5.Forgiving
6.Understanding
7.Patience
8.Gracious
9.Compassionate

Character of the Prodigal Son:
1.Unpatient
2.Arrogance
3.Lost (when he went away from his fathers house with his wealth)
4.Humbled himself in his return
5.Acknowledged his mistakes and asked for forgiveness

Another Notes:
INTRODUCTION:
A. Individual's complete life is governed by his attitudes.
B. Must develop proper attitudes to motivate proper actions.
C. Factors which determine attitudes:

 1. Environment and associations
 2. Teachings
 D. Now let us consider these attitudes and see the cause and effect of each, then determine to possess the proper attitude toward our brother.

DISCUSSION:
I. Attitude of resentment and self-will.
 A. Had been subject to his father long enough.
 B. Desired now to become independent. 1. Had become a stranger at home. 2. Desired to make new contacts.
 C. Desired goods that belonged to him.
 D. Son then learns law of sowing and reaping. Gal. 6:7,8
 1. Cast seed of resentment and riotous living.
 2. Price he paid was: a. Earthly wealth. b. Good reputation. c. Self-respect.
 3. Reaped humiliation, shame, hunger.

II. Attitude of humility and repentance.
 A. Came to himself.
 1. To come to God one must come to self.
 2. Realized how well off even servant at home was.

B. Ashamed of his previous attitude and life.
 1. Led him to determine to go back.
 2. Desired to confess his sin, not because of necessity; pride gone.
 3. Willing now to serve, not be a son.

III. Attitude of love and mercy.
 A. Father saw his son a great way off.
  1. Could not force son to stay at home.
 2. Father had been lonesome, often looking down road for his return.
 B. Love demanded no account of previous actions of the son.
 1. Concerned only in his return.
 2. Seemingly ignores confession.
C. Shows his love by richest blessings: ring, best robe, shoes, calf, party.

IV. Attitude of self-righteousness and jealousy.
 A. Most dangerous of all sins because harder to make one realize
 B. Angry because father gave son party what would my attitude be?
 C. Boasted of his goodness
 1. Served thee many years
 2. Didn't transgress thy commandments
 3. So good he deserved all favors
 D. Hatred refused to allow the older to call the younger his brother
 E. No record of his changing attitude.

 CONCLUSION:
A. Let us remember our attitudes determine our actions. Realizing this, let us cultivate the proper attitudes so that our lives will go in the direction of heaven.
B. If your attitude of resentment and self-will has been changed to humility and repentance, you can come to Christ. Though you be a prodigal, you can be a loving son. See Him standing at the doorway and "come home" while we stand and sing.

source: Dale Buckley
http://grandoldbook.com/Four_Attitudes_or_The_Prodical_Son.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment